The Self-Luminous Torch is a compact, lightweight and flexible light source providing soldiers with reliable and secure illumination that does not affect night vision.
The Self-Illuminated Torch utilises green light to a brightness of 800µL providing practical illumination of an area of 100cm2. Brightness is not affected by temperature, humidity, altitude or operational plane.
SRB Technologies are certified to ISO 9001 and meet the requirements of UK Ministry of Defence Standard 62/4.
Overall length: 77mm Diameter: 35mm Weight: 45gm
- Absolute reliability in all environmental conditions
- Maintenance-free, no batteries or bulbs required
- Lightweight, compact and rugged design
- Recessed light source and hinged front cover increase security by enabling graduated light exposure
- Long operational life
- NATO stock number 6260-99-965-3582
Self-illuminating light sources that provide absolute reliability throughout their service life of 10 years. They contain no moving parts and are maintenance-free. As the Torch is continuously illuminated throughout its operational life, an on-off switch is not required.
Can be used for:
- Infantry Night Aid: for use by mortar or light support weapon crews for reading target record charts, fuse or sight graduations and as a paralleling aid
- Night Navigation Aid: to enable map or compass readings, taking reference points during night marches on a compass bearing etc
- Aiming Point Light: for the alignment of infantry and light artillery weapons
- Arc of Fire Markers: two Illuminated Torches can be used to delineate arcs of fire in front of gun emplacements and fire trenches
- AFV fire control equipment illumination
Tritium Vial 23x3mm
T ritium cylindrical vials at maximum pressure. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of Hydrogen. Tritium light sources are radioluminescent and can be best...
Cammenga Tritium Wrist ..
The lightweight and accurate CAMMENGA MODEL J582T TRITIUM WRIST COMPASS provides easy on-the-go referencing for land navigation at day or night. Constructed...
Tritium Vial 3x11mm
Tritium cylindrical vials at maximum pressure. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of Hydrogen. Tritium light sources are radioluminescent and can be best...
1 review(s) posted (write review)
Not as bright as photo - John Drynan - 12/05/2015
I bought this with the impression from the website photo that it would give off sufficient light to light up s map as shown but you practically have to put the light directly over any labeling to be able to see it. As a practical item it is a fail, as a novelty item it is a conversation piece but way over-priced. Not recommended if you expect it to be useful.