Available in to types of lenses: Dark and Light
Lens Color: Light lens version for allowing more light for forest and jungle situations where direct light is not as frequent.
Lens Color: Dark lens version for mountain (alpine), desert, ocean and coastal survival situations where direct light is frequent.
YOUR EYES ARE THE KEY TO SURVIVAL! If your eyes are unprotected, prolonged exposure to intense ultra violet light from the sun at high altitude, or reflected off of snow or water could cause blindness, and leave you helpless and in pain for days, making you virtually unable to perform vital survival tasks should you become stranded or lost.
The Survival i-Shield (tm) by Survival Metrics was designed for protection of the eyes in emergency and survival situations where the risk of snow or sun blindness is high, and for increased protection of the eyes while performing survival-related tasks.
Survival i-Shield (tm) restricts 99% of UVA and UVB light, and is a Polarized PET lens (ANSI Z80.3-2001).
- Wrap-around lenses give maximum protection from all angles.
- Extremely light weight.
- Foam pads aid to prevent fogging and for increased comfort.
- Drawcord for secure, comfortable attachment and ensured retention.
- No arms that can break.
- Cleaning cloth included.
- Parachute Cord Lanyard: two feet of seven- strand military grade parachute cord for use in other survival tasks if needed. That makes 16 feet of cord (including the shell) for emergency use as fishing line, for shelter construction, etc.
- Carrying canister protects Survival i-Shield (tm) when not in use.
- Small enough to fit in compact survival kits.
Instructions for Use:
1. Unroll Survival i-Shield and remove protective outer covering.
2. Wipe off any residue with included cleaning cloth.
3. Place over eyes or prescription eyewear carefully and secure with draw cord.
Store at temperatures between -5 to 45 deg. Celsius.
- Do not look directly at the sun while wearing Survival i-Shield (tm)
- Not intended for use by children under 6 years of age.
- Children over 6 should use Survival i-Shield (tm) under adult supervision.
- Do not wear while driving or moving at propelled speeds, or operating heavy machinery.
- Do not place near a high temperature heat source.
- Remove from face carefully to avoid scratching.
- Survival i-Shield (tm) is not scratch resistant. Discard if heavily scratched. Store after use.
- Survival i-Shield (tm) is not intended to be used as ballistic eyewear.
- Remove after 30 minutes of use to refresh eyes for several minutes, then continue use.