The Centipede is the metric version of Inchworm "ruler in the round". It is a functional keychain accessory that you'll use more times than you ever thought. The Centipede is a rod of 4.76 mm [3/16"] diameter 6Al-4V grade titanium with grooves cut at 2 mm increments up to 8 cm long. The outside surface is bead blasted to a uniform matte finish, and new grooves are then cut every centimeter for ease of reading.
Why would you carry a ruler on your keychain? The real question is why not? Think of the possibilities!
- Check your tire tread depth
- Check the width of a broken fan belt or hose for replacement
- Checking metric screw sizes and lengths
- Comparing different product sizes at the store
- Visualizing the size of a product based on reading product size specifications
- Comparing the physical size of a part with the product packaging specifications at the store (i.e. buying a replacement plumbing fitting)
Lightweight and convenient, you can carry this gorgeous piece of titanium on your keychain and never know it's there...until you need it!
The Centipede is made of extremely hard 6Al-4V titanium. Titanium is known for its corrosion resistance, and has a very high strength-to-weight ratio. It is typically described as having the strength of steel with a weight comparable to aluminum.
The Centipede comes packaged with a 8.7 mm [11/32"] diameter split ring for attachment to other items
- Diameter: 4.76 mm [3/16"]
- Overall Length: 88 mm [3.46"]
- Measuring length: 8 cm
- Weight: 6.5 grams [.23 oz]